February 2012 – Present: Melville Public Library
- I have been very involved in volunteering for various tasks at the library since 2012. I would assist the head librarian in preparing for her story time programs and assist in the programs when I could as an extra set of hands.
- 2014 TD Summer Reading Club: I worked alongside the summer student, essentially as a second set of hands. I instructed the group for craft time when needed and helped coach them with the games they played.
- I have also helped with various events through the years such as the annual Friends of the Library Book Sale.
October 2015 – June 2017: MCS SADD
- From 2015 to 2017, I was involved with SADD, our chapter has had a noticeable presence within the city and our school community with unique speakers and impactful displays such as a crashed car with 1500 wooden crosses representing Canada’s impaired driving deaths.
- My final year, we re-created a PSA against drinking and driving that was shown at my high school and passed along to Joe Hargrave.
November 2016 – Present: St. Henry’s Jr. School
- I have spent many years building a relationship with this school through the participation of events spread throughout the school year. I have volunteered for Track and Field events, One Book One School family literacy night, and the annual Scholastic Book Fair.
- I also did after-school tutoring during the 2016/17 school year. I developed games and read with her to practice sight words.